Meet the Burbanks

Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Same

When the doctor checked me on Friday, I was unchanged. I am still two centimeters dilated and 50% effaced. That is good news because I am not progressing, but I was hoping that my effacement may have decreased a little. When I was in pre-term labor with Layne, the effacement went away completely with bedrest. I have decided that this pregnancy is just different than my last one and I am trying to get myself used to the idea that this baby is likely to be quite early.

Dr. Morgan was pleased that we have been able to hold off delivery to 32 weeks. Our next milestone we are going for is 35. He said he will be pleased if we last two or three more weeks. It is scary to think that the time could be that short. Two weeks ago, I thought I had plenty of time and now that time is gone.

Little Wesley is getting stronger and more active. I'm sure that even if he is born this week, he will be fine. Medical Center of Arlington, where we are planning to have the baby, has an excellent NICU and we are blessed to live only a few miles away. Compared to many other preemie stories I have heard, Wesley is in a very good situation. Just the same, we are going to try and put off labor as long as possible.

My sister-in-law drove over here from Tennessee to help me while I am on bedrest. I am so thankful for family and friends right now as we go through this difficult time. We are thankful for your prayers and we will keep you updated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes well for you!