Meet the Burbanks

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Funny Conversation

Every night before the kids go to sleep, they ask for a drink of water. Last night, trying to motivate them to get ready for bed, I offered to give "first drink" to the boy who was first to get his pajamas on. Devin won. He usually wins these competitions. After he got his pajamas on, we had a funny conversation.

He said, "Momma, when we have eight kids in our family, I sink the first four will get first drink."

"We are not going to have eight kids in our family Devin," I replied while imagining trying to get eight kids in bed.

He asked his favorite question. "Why?"

I told him, "If we had eight kids I would shoot myself in the head, and then where would you all be?"

He thought for a minute. "I would go to the kitchen and make myself a peanut butter sandwich."

Nice to know that I would be missed!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so are you going to have half of eight? It's so fun to hear what kids are thinking!!

Bridgette said...

Isn't it fascinating? As far as how many we will have. . . we'll just take them as they come. I seriously doubt we will get anywhere close to eight though.

Dave & Melissa said...

LOL How cute!

Aimee said...

Hahaha! Helen keeps telling me that next time there will be two babies and we need to get two cribs. Uh...okay?!? I don't think so.

Unknown said...

haha. oh goodness. Devin makes me laugh!!