Meet the Burbanks

Friday, September 24, 2010

Johnny Appleseed Day


Devin and his fellow kindergarteners got to celebrate Johnny Appleseed day. They graphed the number of apples of different kinds that people brought, they colored a little paper apple book, they drew patterns of different colored apples, and they even did a science experiment with their apples. How fun!

Devin is suffering from Friday fatigue, a common condition with him since school started. I couldn't get him to smile for his picture with his apple hat. It is hard to even get him out of bed on Friday morning and by the end of the day. . . yikes. This afternoon he asked me to read his little paper apple book, so I started reading it.

Devin says, "No, Mom. Your 'posed to sing it!"
Me, "Okay, how does the song go?"
Devin pauses. "I don't remember. Mrs. Agee sung it though."
Me, "How about this?" I made up a cheesy little song that went with the words.
Devin gets mad, "No Mom! That's not how it goes!"
I sang another version.
Devin looks thoughtful. "You don't sound like Mrs. Agee, Mom.
Me, "Is Mrs. Agee a really good singer?"
"She sings better than you do," he states.

Thanks bud! Don't bother trying to spare my feelings.

No comments: