Meet the Burbanks

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Devin!


It is hard to believe that I brought my first newborn son home from the hospital four years ago today.  He is growing up so fast I hardly know what to do.  There is no one in the world more important to me than my little Devin.

Born at 6 pounds 9 ounces, he was tiny at birth.  He was such a sweet baby and slept so well at night.  When he started crawling, nothing in the house less than four feet from the ground was safe.  He loved to climb and explore and make trouble.  

When he started walking, his range was more like five feet.  Even the counter tops weren't safe!  He would push the chairs around and climb on top of tables, play with knives, and destroy anything he could get his hands on.

Now he still loves to climb ladders, chairs, and tables.  He makes less mischief than he used to.  He loves trains, cars, trucks, and airplanes.  He also loves the Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty.  His favorite color is pink.  

With your indulgence, I am going to brag on my little son for a while.  Devin's big blue eyes and long eyelashes never fail to melt my heart.  He is the most beautiful little child I have ever seen.  He is so smart.  He already knows what letter many words start with.  He is always asking me, "What letter does "Toby" start with Momma?"  I say, "T-Toby.  What do you think?"  He says, "I think it starts with a T."  He is my little pal, my pint sized friend, my precious child.  I am so happy that Heavenly Father has placed him in my care.  Happy Birthday Devin!

No comments: