Wesley is now nearing one month old. I know, the time flies! Anyway, for the last month, poor Wesley has been pawed, and mauled, and kissed by his loving brothers. Ben and I refer to it as an excess of "brother love." When Wesley has had too much "brother love," we come and rescue him which means, Mom and Dad are holding him a lot. The other day Devin came up to Wesley and crooned, "Are you ready for some brother love?"
It's great that they love their new little brother, but I didn't expect that I would have to fight for a chance to hold my own baby! I have to stand in line and take my turn. Thank goodness I have the excuse that I have to feed him, although even that doesn't always work. Shortly after Wesley was born, Layne was holding him and he started fussing. I held out my arms and told Layne that Wesley needed to eat. He pulled up his shirt and looked at me like, "Okay Mom, show me how to do it."
Thank goodness for siblings and the joys of brother love!




1 comment:
Cute pictures! I especially like the one with Devin sleeping while he is holding Wesley. I wish I could be there to hold him too! Of course that would make the waiting line longer for you.
Post a Comment