Meet the Burbanks

Monday, December 14, 2009

Baby Preparations

We are getting down to the wire, and it's time for some serious baby preparations. These pictures were actually taken around Thanksgiving, but since I was on bedrest, I couldn't post them until now.

Yesterday, I had false labor from two-thirty in the afternoon to eleven-thirty last night. They were pretty painful contractions and anywhere from 4 minutes to 20 minutes apart. Since I stopped getting my progesterone shots over a week ago, it isn't that surprising that I have started getting some serious contractions. It just makes me wonder how long until little Wesley will be officially joining the family. At my last prenatal appointment, my cervix was unchanged, so we are starting from 2 cm here. It could be tomorrow, and it could be two weeks or more.

I did talk to my doctor about induction and he agreed that we could induce me possibly as early as the 28th and for sure by the 30th. It is nice to have an idea of when the latest will be.

Here are the random baby accessories that we needed to put together. The bouncie seat, the swing, the breast pump, the boppy, and other miscellaneous stuff had to be hauled out of storage and made ready for our special little addition.


Devin and Daddy put the cradle together. This cradle has become quite the family heirloom. It is made of solid wood--oak I think-- and designed and handmade by Ben's sister Mindie. When we got it out of storage for this baby, I noticed that it is darkening with age. Now it is this rich golden honey color and more beautiful than ever.

So, Wesley's bed is put together, his toys are ready, his room is nearly ready, and now we are pretty much waiting for our little bundle of joy to arrive. We'll keep you posted.




No comments: