Then Grandpa joins in. . . .
It's all great fun with all the testosterone flowing. I got Devin to sit down for a few seconds to get a shot of him with the flowers.
Here is the beautiful Rexburg temple. It was really fun to go there and see all the people I know. It was pretty crazy how many people I knew there.
We got to attend the temple with Ben's family for JoAnn's endowments. That was really neat. Then we drove to Utah and attended JoAnn's temple marriage in the Salt Lake temple. We are so proud of her! When we arrived back in Logan, we had a lot of work to do. I was supposed to make her wedding cake and Ben was supposed to take pictures at the reception.
Here is the cake with just the fondant. I was so pleased with how the fondant came out on this cake that I thought I would post it like this. The bottom three teirs are dummy cakes.
I was so pleased with how this cake turned out!
On the way home, we were crossing the very long and desolate state of Wyoming. (Sorry if you are a fan. We aren't.) Suddenly, the sparce traffic slowed and came to a complete stop. After waiting for about ten minutes, we decided to park the van and investigate. What a mess! A sheriff's deputy was pulling a large trailor full of ammunition when one of the tires blew out. The trailor flipped over on it's side blocking both lanes of the freeway. To add to the chaos, the gas tank ruptured and spilled gas all over the road. Anyway, because of the explosive nature of the accident, they wouldn't let anyone pass.
After waiting for about an hour and forty-five minutes, we finally crossed the barrow pit, backtracked on the freeway for a few miles, and took a dirt frontage road past the accident and re-entered the freeway. That was our homebound adventure! The boys loved it. We made friends with the truck driver behind us and he let Devin and Layne sit in his rig and even honk the horn.
Devin sits in timeout during the traffic jam for dumping dirt and rocks on his head.
I don't know if you can see in the this picture, but there are miles and miles of trucks stuck at a dead stop on the freeway. It took a long time for them to even start working on clearing the road since there wasn't a town for forty miles. Thankfully, it didn't seem like anyone was hurt. I imagine it would take a while to get an ambulance too, so that was doubly lucky.
Anyway, if you have read this far, you are a dedicated friend!




4 comments:
WISH WE COULD HAVE SEEN YOU GUYS AT THE WEDDING. WE DIDN'T MAKE IT TO THE RECEPTION EITHER. PLEASE POST SOME PICS OF JOANN AT THE RECEPTION IF YOU HAVE SOME. THANKS
We missed you there! I really wish we had made it up to your house. It was such a rushed trip this time. Next time for sure.
Wow, what an incident to be blocking traffic. Glad you guys had a good trip!
Glad you had fun and got home safely!
LaDawn
Post a Comment